Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I've got to bee me!

Wow, who would have thought that today would be the beginning of a new adventure that I would be privileged to share with my beautiful daughter.  She is forever inspiring me to step out, to be adventurous, to embrace the moment, smell the roses, and enjoy the journey between A and Z.  Sometimes, we can get so focused on the next goal, what we want, or how things will be better when...and we fail to enjoy the right now (living in the present).  There is so much to experience on the road trip called life and part of the greatest joy is seeing, being present and living each and every day that God gives us.  That's right we'll never come this way again, as today will end and prayerfully tomorrow will begin.  But what I have found to be true that through it all I've got to (bee) me!  God doesn't make mistakes so as we embrace life, we must learn to embrace who we are and all that we have the potential to become. Remember, how the butterfly came be.  No one can be a better me than me or a better you than you.  So, though I may not always be understood, I must still be me and seek to be a better, more fun-loving, life-living and love-giving person.  I look forward as Honeybee and I traverse the roads that are ahead with humor, vigor, expectancy and sheer joy knowing that we cannot live our lives in vain... for we all have been blessed with a gift or gifts that we can share and enrich the lives of others along the way.  So come go with us and yes, you can expect the unexpected.  Who knows what surprise or challenge each day will bring, yet the sheer fact that we are present to experience it will be exciting. 

I know one challenge that I can always count on is my daughter, but she just wants to bring out the butterfly in me so that I can soar.  Oh, that's what she was doing when we were experiencing her terrific twos, threes, fours... always looking out for her mommy.  It's amazing we so often focus on bringing out the best in our children, and so often they bring out the best in us. 

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with you my dear. I wish I could add to this but there is nothing to add other than "Praise the Lord for He is Good."

    ReplyDelete